Ecommerce Operations Director
Beauty | CPG
June 2011 - June 2017
Reasons for Leaving:
Opportunity to scale my career.
Ulta Beauty is a beauty retailer in the United States, nestled in Bolinbrook, IL, and offers more than 20,000 cosmetics, fragrance, skin care and hair care products across over 500 beauty brands, including Ulta Beauty’s own private label. Ulta Beauty also features a full-service salon in every store, offering hair, skin and brow services. Ulta Beauty operates 1,100+ retail stores across 48 states and the District of Columbia, and has an online distribution channel through its website.
I lead cross-functional teams to improve processes, achieve financial and operational excellence and deliver superior returns for retail, operational and service-related industry and E-Commerce functions. My primary responsibility was managing and implementing operational upgrades while maximizing all aspects of people, process and performance to achieve service excellence. I partnered cross-functionally and influenced operational strategy across all levels of the organization which was essential to success in this role.
Assembled a team of customer-focused PMs, owned Product Design, and created an environment of high-quality, data-driven experimentation, leading to regular positive product improvements.
Created and executed sales pipeline strategy as well as customer expansion programs to deliver on new bookings, partner, and customer growth targets.
Devised account-based marketing programs that drove buyer engagement within target enterprise accounts through a multi-touch, multi-channel approach that aligned with stages of the buyer journey and fostered alignment with the sales team.
Armed our sales teams with enablement tools that promote sales productivity and effectiveness.
Championed the effective use of technology and automation which enabled and supported growth initiatives.
Developed an internal communications plan to create energy, continuity, and awareness across all employees.
Developed revenue marketing strategies across multiple segments and sectors.
Consistently met or exceeded marketing and revenue goals as a leader which drove company profitability.
- Championed/modeled Ulta Beauty’s mission, vision and values
- Influenced accountability to plan, execute and achieve objectives that aligned with company strategy for growth and profit
- Identified patterns and anticipated business needs that drove performance
- Delivered efficient and effective solutions that met the constraints of time, cost and scope
- Identified strategic trade-offs between store labor, inventory availability and upstream expenses
- Measured the effect of process changes and accurately quantified the impact
- Collaborated with cross-functionally to launch new initiatives and track/analyze performance
- Raised awareness of process change impacts throughout the enterprise
- Facilitated proactive change management to all levels of the organization impacted by project rollouts
- Influenced key stakeholders to achieve results in an autonomous manner
- Determined the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and recommended methods for maximum asset/people utilization
- Recommended methods for improving associate efficiency and reducing waste of time and effort (e.g., restructuring job duties, reorganizing workflow, job setup and related)
- Participated in training and testing for new systems and processes as part of implementation plans
- Lead/executed best practices to promote associate engagement and enablement
- Partnered with leadership to build culture action plans that best align to our people strategies and business initiatives
- Identified ways to build/implement talent capabilities at all levels while identifying opportunities for training and development
- Planned and drove operational non-exempt staffing needs
- Lead building-wide performance management plans in partnership with leadership team
- Participated in talent calibration, culture survey action planning, goal setting and rollout, performance review consultation, and IDP creation/execution